I have been working on Charlie’s Jungle themed nursery for weeks now and it is finally done!!! Well that is everything but his bedding……which I am still working on! But I thought I would post some pictures of what I have been working on for the last couple of weeks!
I had a very small budget and so I used a lot of things I already had and the rest was purchased at my local thrift store, craft store, and dollar store. I used my cricut machine for most of the projects and used the following cartridges: Zoobaloo, Jubilee, and Life’s a Beach. The color scheme is mostly monochromatic. I used a lot of greens and then complimented them with browns. I hope you like it!
I bought this shelf at my local thrift store for $2 bucks!!! It was a steal! I painted it white and then sanded the edges and added some distressing ink to the edges.
The frames I also bought at my local thrift store for $2 bucks!! I painted them green and also used the same technique as the shelf when I distressed them. I then put some brown vinyl cut-outs on the wall behind the frames!
I made the curtains myself and they were probably the most expensive thing I bought. I bought the long white frame at my local thrift store for a buck and decorated the inside with jungle animals, ribbons and buttons. The basket was also from my local thrift store for a buck! I am filling the basket with burp rags that I have been making!
Here are the dollar store frames I bought and posted about earlier!
This frame I bought at my local thrift store as well for $2 bucks and painted it white and then distressed it. The other four frames were bought at Michael’s and they were a dollar each.
The “King of the Jungle” vinyl was cut out using “life’s a beach” cricut cartridge.
These frames were super easy to make! To make them all you need to do is mod podge paper on the fronts of the frames and then distress them. For the center of the frame I just cut out some animals from the cartridge “zooballoo” and mod podged them onto some brown paper.
I made these wood blocks with left over wood from various projects I’ve done. These were so easy to make. All you have to do is paint your block and then mod podge some paper on the front and then add whatever you’d like to the front. I hung them on the shelf with some ribbon that I hot glued to the back of the blocks!
I bought some wood letters at my local craft store and to make them fit my theme I mod podged paper on them and then added a few embellishments!
So there it is!! I am really happy with the way that it turned out and I can’t wait to spend time in this room with my little one!